23 December 2012

Reader Under the Spotlight - Linda

This week I would like to introduce you to Linda!

Hi, I’m Linda, Originally from Los Angeles, I now live in Austin, Texas, with my husband, Ira. I have worked in many cities in the US-all in some way connected with being an accountant!  Since my son is now grown and has his own place, I have plenty of time for all things Filofax. I don’t blog everyday-but when I do, my blog is on Google Blogger, under: "Mindloomer360"

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

Bought my first Filofax in 2008 - a pink zip Finsbury. That same year I added the black zipped one. 

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?


I have a special place in my heart for calendars. They bring the promise of new chances, new projects, and new organizational Goals to be met..

I've used so many--Franklin-Covey, Coach, Day Runner, and Levenger's Circa System And I haven't even started listing all the electronic scheduling apps I have used-and there's been so many!

Right now I use my iPhone to keep my telephone numbers handy, so I have them always, when I make a call. I currently own an iPad 2, and an iPhone4s

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My personal Black Ostrich, tied with the personal crimson Malden. Buying the Crimson Malden was an adventure for  me; I couldn't get it here in the states, so I bought it from the Filofax online store in France!  When I really want a particular Filofax, I will come up with a way a way to find exactly what I'm looking for!

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

Here's where I begin to feel guilty: I own 24 (that I know of...                     
  • 1 A-5 Classic
  • 5 Pockets
  • 17 Personal (varied types)
  • 1  Compact
5. What do you use your Filofax for? 

All sorts of things--some are for journaling, for recording medical matters, for schedules of medication, schedules of upcoming classic movies and upcoming reading lists.
And the rest of them are merely for me---to pet, smell and look at.  I take excellent care of each one of them--but haven't quite started naming them, as yet. 

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The fact that customization was possible, and that there were lots of styles to choose from.

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I would first fix the problems some have with the plastic bubbling and bending on the classics; then refit them with a "jointed" section and ring protector, on either side of the rings.  That appears to be one way the Finchleys, Decos and others could start out flat, right out of the box. Then I would have all of the models available in the UK and Europe, also available in the US. Ones that are customer favorites could be reordered as a "special order"
       
8. How do you carry your Filofax?

My A-5 stays at home; she never goes out, since I no longer work.  The personals live on my nightstand or are carried in my purse.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it? 

I really like the personal Ostrich and lizard, both in black, or red.  I am in love with most all of the Finchleys, especially the red one. The crimson Malden is also a favorite.

But the only one I WILL buy, if I can ever find it, is the discontinued personal, vintage pink Finchley, of course! 

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax ? Which model? 

My personal Ruby Deco--I think it cost $250
 
11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most? 

The "Spotlight" section, Webfinds,  and Adspot.  It's wonderful to visit a site that brings so many of us together, from places all around the world!

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy? 

Nothing at all-it rocks! 

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded? 

Adele's first CD

Thank you Linda for agreeing to go under our spotlight. And if anyone else would like to take part in this series then please contact us at: philofaxy at gmail dot com Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Everytime Linda pops up I think "The Lady in Red". She sure does love her Red Filofaxes! Great to know more about you Linda. Just as her quest is to find an Antique Rose Finchley, my quest is to find a Baroque. Linda, I have found them on the Filofax websites for Switzerland and Taiwan, as well as the Baroques. Unfortunately, no price is labeled, and I have no way of contacting them. How I wish it was that easy. If any one has any ideas, please let me know how I can get one into my hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you Linda! Nice to see another Ostrich lover. :-) The picture of (part of) your collection is fantastic! Would love to hear how you use them!!!!

    ReplyDelete