05 October 2013

Readers Mini-meetup in London, November 18th


My good friend, committed business Filofax user and constant long haul business traveller Paul is coming to London in November, and we’ve arranged to meet p.m. on Monday 18th. Paul and I have exchanged emails, Filofax tips and tricks, general organisational chit-chat and (occasionally) despair over the past year or more, and we had a great evening earlier in the year, again in central London, so I’m looking forward very much to meeting him again.

Paul has suggested, and I have wholeheartedly agreed, that any other Filofax users, or users of similar systems, who are business-focused and within reach of London of an evening, might like to join us.

The emphasis is likely to be more on systems than on binders and tools, and even more so on having something to eat and drink and forming, or strengthening, our friendships. I’m waiting on Paul for confirmation of where he’ll be staying, but it will definitely be central London, and I’ll confirm a venue to interested parties as soon as I can – probably somewhere like a Pizza Express or similar, followed by a bar.

I’m delighted also that Cloudberry is going to join us – again, we’ve met a couple of times over the past 18 months or so (usually according to my own business commitments), and she has a really interesting story to tell, not only about her Filofax and FC usage, but about the business development ‘journey’ she is currently undergoing.

If any Philofaxy follower is interested in joining us, please leave a comment here with an email address, or email me via davidpopely (at) googlemail (dot) com

[posted on behalf of David Popely]

14 comments:

  1. Would love to join you but I can't justify a day off work and the rail fare to London, alas. Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Tim....it would be great to see you if you're ever in London. You know where I am!

      Delete
    2. Hi Tim. I hope that one day I get to meet yourself and David, to discuss some TMI goodness over a few beers.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much David! I’m thrilled to be invited. I've made a note of the date and look forward to catching up over a bite to eat in central London. The pioneering leadership programme at Oxford last week was truly inspirational. Amongst all the high-tech note-taking gizmos, my analogue vintage ostrich Filofax drew great admiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so it should! It's interesting, isn't it, the attitudes of tech users to analogue users? Sometimes straight out admiration, sometimes (it seems to me) a kind of grudging acknowledgement that sometimes new isn't always better. I'm looking forward to meeting up again on 18/11.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to meeting Cloudberry (and her Slimline Ostrich) and David to have a good old natter about FF and productivity, over dinner. And definitely looking forward to hearing about the Leadership programme!

      Delete
  3. Oh, how I wish I could somehow be there! But what I'll look forward to is a report on how it goes. I'm especially interested in tips on systems, business development (sounds fascinating, Cloudberry!), and improving productivity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia

      I'd suggest contacting the various names mentioned directly - I'm not planning on producing a 2000-word report afterwards, it's an evening out with friends rather than a symposium! But I'm sure each of us would be happy to dialogue by email :)

      Delete
  4. 2,000-word report? That wasn't at all what I meant! I'm just always looking for tips on productivity (vs decorating one's planner). It sounds like a wonderful meet-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia

      Some of us email one another regularly with details of our current setups, things we're trying, discarding, etc etc.......I can put you in touch if you like.......:)

      Delete
    2. Ohh I would love to be in the email list too!! What a wonderful world, Filofax world!! :-) But I am more into the housewife efficient and decorated Filofax. I also colour code.I am a beginner in this beautifully organised world, but I LOVE IT!! It already made some so needed changes in mine and my family life.

      Delete
    3. Eliane, drop me an email.....davidpopely (at) gmail (dot) com

      Delete
  5. I'd love it! cvolkmanATmacDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seem to have missed every single meet-up, and one in particular was the day before David and I got together for dinner, which was a cruel irony. I am looking forward to meeting David again, Cloudberry for the first time, and anyone else who is free to join us. I just got back from a business trip to East Africa. One of our business partners remarked on my FF, asking why I didn:t just use an iPad. By the end of the first day of customer meetings, they understood why. I was able to access info much faster than my colleague with a laptop, I could draw pictures a piece of paper and leave it with the client, and could make my own notes os much more effectively than my tech-toting colleagues. I`m not saying it is the answer to everything, but for me, it works, it is quick and it hasn`t let me down. That`s about all I expect from an organisational system.

    ReplyDelete