13 April 2010

The History of Filofax

You might recall back in February we mentioned a file written by Kevin Hall, that was still available via the Web Archive.

I've since been in touch with Kevin and he has sent me an updated version of the file. He has also kindly given us permission to host the file in our files area in pdf format.

It goes in to a lot more detail than the original file and brings the history of the company fully up to date.

We would like to thank Kevin for his hard work in putting this document together and for letting us share it with you.

A Chronology of Filofax by Kevin Hall, April 2010

.

9 comments:

  1. That is a very interesting history and I had no idea that the brand had gone through so much. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very worthwhile and scholarly history you've put together here Kevin. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for working on this and sharing it, Kevin.

    A lot of iconic devices have come and gone (e.g. the manual typewriter, the original Palm Pilot, Apple's Newton/MessagePad). I hope the Filofax will remain with us for many more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to make suggestions of projects that I can not contribute to, but...

    Does anyone know of an archive or online collection of old Filofax catalogs?

    Do we have the resources to put one together?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have used a black leather Finsbury Personal since 2000 and regard it as an integral part of my photographic business. It's far far more than just a diary. Essential to my business are the following: my Filofax and Mont Blanc Meisterstuck rollerball pen, a pair of Nikon F3 bodies and lenses 24/28/35/50mm and my Billingham 335 bag. All been around the world many times in the last 18 years and simply do not look it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a classic photography set up you have there David. Good to hear from someone who also still uses film. I do occasionally still.

      Delete
  8. Hope this history will be updated one day !

    ReplyDelete