28 May 2012

Philofaxy London Meet Up - May 2012

What a glorious day it was on Saturday, hot and sunny all day and 11 Philofaxy fans meeting up in London made it even more special. This obviously is very picture heavy...


We started off as usual at Tate Modern for lunch, as always it was great to see old friends as well as welcoming new people to their first meet up. As you can see we were head-lining alongside Damien Hurst. As usual now it wasn't long before the Filofax organisers appeared on the table and were being passed around.


Cat, Louise, Tracy


Cat, Louise

Imy, Andy

Andy, Preethi










Yasmin


Also in our group was Andy from City Organiser, we didn't quiz him too much over lunch about the latest products from Filofax. But he very kindly opened his shop for just us later in the afternoon.



There was the usual fine display of organisers and inserts, and all of us enjoyed browsing and choosing, deciding and buying some new organisers and inserts.




'Do you think we will have any stock left on the shelves?'







This one or this one?...Both they cried













Look bargains





However, downstairs in City Organiser was the Aladdin's cave for any one remotely interested in Filofax..... The stockroom/office/mail order department of City Organiser, I don't think any of us have seen so many organisers in one place, boxes and boxes of them!!!



Yes that desk there will suit me fine

Yes we got a little carried away with ourselves down there!! As you can see Imy is deciding which desk is going to be hers!!!

Then for the final part of of afternoon we were privileged to witness the launch of the fashionable, on trend, exclusive, limited edition Tracyley organiser.
















The designer Tracy gave us an excellent and professional presentation. Andy was so impressed by this unique design he asked if he could put it on display in his window (price on application, of course). All sales enquiries to City Organiser.

Later that evening a reduced number of us joined Tracy to celebrate the launch with cocktails at a high class London restaurant in Docklands.


Finally, I would like to thank everyone that attended the meet up, to Andy and Aline at City Organiser for being so courageous in welcoming us. It was a very special day all around... and yes I'm sure we would all like to visit City Organiser again.  So I better start planning the next meet-up I guess!

29 comments:

  1. Awesome post Steve!!!! Xx
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great write up! I will make it to one of these sometime. You just need to stop scheduling then 'round my essays and exams, Steve!! ;-)

    It sounds like a great day was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!!!! Look at that A5 Osterley! and Tracyley is gorgeous!
    Loved seen those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the Tracly actually going into production then?? It looks just fabulous!! I loved the fact that Philofaxy was profiled at The Tate alongside Damien Hirst. I think that was the greatest photo. It felt like Philofaxy has finally been recognised, and deservedly so.Cocktails?? A happy hour this year?? Hmmmm... now that sounds like an excellent tradition/permanent feature to me!!! Glad you folks had such a gloriuos time and that the weather was so very kind. Sharon, you just look so fabulously glowingly healthy in these photos. Wow!! You have inspired me to use my Filofax for dieting and exercise charts again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Can't believe how packed full of Filofax things City Organiser is!!! Would love to have been there although that in itself would probably have been very dangerous to my bank balance...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic post, thanks for sharing! :o)

    Really fun to read and looks like you all had a super time, wish I'd been there but sadly work got in the way...

    Anyway it was nice to see City orgnaiser's Alladin's Cave downstairs, I'll try and make it by the shop in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good gracious, gutted I couldn't make it! It's just way too far for me. Now I know what it looks like when you die and go to heaven. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! I've never seen such a great variety of Filofax in one store! If I will be in London next time, I know I will visit this great store! But I know than I will be bankrupt ;)
    Thanks for the report from meet-up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pretty lady that is standing with a CO bag wearing a pink sweater, I am sorry - I don't know your name, but I love, love your handbag!!! What brand is it?? What do you have in that CO bag? A new organizer?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow looks like you had a great time, its a shame i'm up north, would have loved to have joined you, i'm gonna have to make do with CO online xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grrrr... I am so envy... :X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, It looks like you had so much fun. I wish I had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post & I agree, looks like you had a great time! I really hope I can make the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So jealous!! Would love to visit an actual Filofax Store one day! Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you all had a wonderful time!! Thanks for posting these photos!! I can hardly wait until I can come to one of these meetups. Perhaps the next one??

    I love the photo of the three T-ley organizers, and I have to admit my favorite is the Tracyley! I bet you could sell as many of those as you are able to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we would love to see you at a meet up Laurie. I'm planning one for later this year... date not set as yet.

      Delete
  16. Loved the pictures! Looked like so much fun. I am so sad I couldn't be there. Hopefully next time!
    Love the Traceyley too hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I desperately need to go to one of these stores one day...looks like heaven to be able to fondle all of the different binders.

    Thanks for the photos too; it's great to experience MeetUp joy vicariously. Perfect photoshoping on that first photo btw ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved reading about the meetup, soooo envious I couldn't be there with you guys!
    Anyone have a description of who is who in the picture? I recognize most of you, but there are still some new faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added some names to some of the photos...

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!!!!

      Delete
  19. WOW - I am getting whoozy just looking at the photos :). All those filos in one place - I'll be the smell of leather was absolutely fabulous!!! Wish we had something like that here in the States...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, they happen in the US as well. See here and there is one in New York in a couple of weeks time...

      Delete
  20. One day I am going to meet you guys in London! The pictures were wonderful and looking at the latest and most expensive Filofaxes just made me smile:D Wishing everyone the Best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi everybody,

    I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the meet-up! It was great seeing new and well-known Philofaxers.

    Thanks to Andrew for opening his wonderful shop for us, and thanks to Steve for organising another great meet-up.

    Regards, Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! It looks like everyone had so much fun! I can't wait for the NYC meet up in two weeks, though we won't see anything like the stock there at City Organiser. Great post!

    ReplyDelete