24 April 2016

Readers Favourite Organiser - Carla

Thank you to Carla  for sharing with us her favourite organiser. 

1. What is your favourite organiser (Make/model/size)?

No contest. My Franklin Covey Compact Boston.

2. How long have you owned it?

A little over 1 year.

3. What is it that you like about it so much?

Everything:
a. Pockets galore.
On the left hand side, there are 2 full height vertical pockets, a column of 5 card slots on a secretarial flap with the open end facing the outer edge (very handy, as when in my purse, it sits spine side down and unstrapped, so it's easy to slip things in.)
On the right hand side, a full height, full width vertical pocket and a slip pocket for a note pad. This actually has a bottom piece, so it can be used as a regular pocket.
b. The floppy strap is weighted down by a buckle so it's out of my way. Re: buckle - I've removed the prongs as they snagged on everything. They looked good though.
c. 2 huge, elasticized pen loops that are big enough to accommodate the rubber grips of a Frixion and my chubby highlighter.
d. Super stuff-able.
e. The open/close tabs. For my wonky, arthritis threatening hands, the pull apart action is easier to deal with than the push down thumb tabs of my beloved FFs.
f. Smell. Even after over a year of being in the open air, it still smells divine.
4. Do you use it all the time?

No. I switch out my binders according to my "stuff load" which tends to follow seasons. In January, it's the slim and svelte FF Original, Pilarbox Red. For Lent, the mis- named Electric Blue, it's VIOLET, Finsbury. Then the light and bright Raspberry Saffiano for the supposedly slower paced summer months. The Green Boston is my workhorse. It sees me through all the busy-ness of the holidays. By the time Christmas comes along, it is truly stuffed.

5. Do you think the design could be improved in any way? How?

Functionality, No. But...should FC make these again, more colors would be nice. I'd blow my planner budget on these.

And here are some photographs of my favourite organiser




Thank you Carla

If you would like to share with us the details of your favourite organiser, please contact steve @ philofaxy dot com 

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love that buckle -- very unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know many people don't like buckles because they get in the way, but I'm a lefty so it's no bother.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. hi! i love to know where you get the coloring book?!?!? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andreli1029Acevedo, I think that came from Target. Although it adds much bulk, it's fun to have around.

      Delete