05 June 2016

Reader Under The Spotlight - Anastasia

Hello, my name is Anastasia and I live in a small but pretty town in Greece, Thessaloniki with my husband and our two kids. I have been using some kind of a paper planner for as long as I can remember myself. I used to carry with me small notebooks and little pencils all the time.

One day two or three years ago I was browsing at the internet to find a new leather planner when I came across Philofaxy and loved it instantly. It simply had all the answers I needed for new planners, new ways to use my planner better. I was so excited. Every morning is the first email I eager to read. Thank you for that.

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

I used to use some kind of paper planner since a very young age, but my first true organizer was a FILOFAX don’t actually remember its name but it was a dark brown personal size and it was not leather. It was a gift from a very good friend of mine for xmas back in 1994.  

2. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

All these years I tried a lot of different styles, sizes, materials. But my current favorite is my personal Van Der Spek Touch Me in black color.  

3. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

I have a lot of them actually but I will name only my favorite ones here
  • VDS Touch Me personal in black 
  • VDS Touch Me  junior in light brown
  • Gillio Mia Cara personal in grey
  • Filofax Kendal personal
  • Filofax Holborn personal
  • Filofax Guilford slimline personal
  • Filofax Guilford extra slim pocket 
  • Roterfaden A5 +A6
  • Travelers Notebook Regular and passport size
4. What do you use your organisers for?

I use it mostly for personal planning. I have my VDS Touch Me as my main every day planner which is always with me and I have my MTN passport size as well with me in case I need something smaller and lighter to carry. You see my VDS is a standard 30mm ring and is a little big “boy”for small walks around the neighborhood.

5. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?

I have eight sections for the last two years, it starts with “month on one page diary” so I have the whole month planned ahead, my second section covers my daily expenses and I personally found easier for me to used for this purpose the “week per page diary with notes” it gives me the space to write everything down each week. 

The third section is a “week per page diary” where I keep all my personal and family appointments (gym, school, doctors etc) but with no detail is very helpful for me to have a quick look at the week. If I need to write more detail of the day that will go to my main section number four where there is my “day per page dairy”.

I know I use a lot of diary inserts but after a lot of years of using planners and trying to find a way to make peace with a specific format that was where I ended up.  
The rest of the sections are the notes, the addresses, the birthdays and special dates plus some blank papers for my kids to draw when we are on the move.

6. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I pretty much like the one I have, my VDS covers all my needs. Love the big back section where I can easily put A4 papers and also the fact that lays flat. If I could add something it would be a choice of specific formats according to your needs. For example if you like to draw I would love if I could choose among planners that have pockets and spaces for extra drawing pens and rubbers etc. 

7. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

The fact that you can use it anyway you like, experiment with it. Read other people’s opinions and end up with your favorite and unique format. My life found peace and order in a little leather planner full of paper pages. 

8. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?

No unfortunately I have not, I wish one day I will though.

9. What was the last movie you watched?

I am not into movies a lot so I like watching films that are not so famous or up to date. The last one I watched though was James Bond last movie loved it; I love all James Bond’s movies.  

10. What was the last book you read?

My last book was “Beware of pity” by Stefan Zweig 

Thank you Anastasia.

As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.

So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. Anastasia, thank you for sharing. It is always interesting to read how Filofax/planner fans started out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susanne N, thank you for reading! this is a magical world made from paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anastasia, I loved your system. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are welcome Fatima so happy that you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I recently purchased the Guildford Slim Pocket and the leather and layout is amazing. I was thinking it would go to my husband but not so sure now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have a Slimline Guildford, which is in my wallet/planner rotation, and a Guildford Pocket Slimline, which is used as a capture device. I love Thessaloniki, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another past visitor to Thessaloniki and the island of Thassos - enjoyed learning about your system.

    ReplyDelete